Fun Picnic Ideas for Fun Picnics!
Ok you've decided to go on a picnic and you're wondering - what's next? Need some picnic ideas to help you get started? A reason to gather your friends or family for a meal?
Consider the time of year and who you want to invite. Is it warm and sunny? Chilly with shorter days and and colorful trees? Is there a holiday coming up? Are you inviting family? Friends? Neighbors?
Here are some picnic themes featuring seasons, holidays and different types of group gatherings....
- Family picnic - gathering family anytime, anywhere.
- Family reunion picnic - extended family and exactly who is your third cousin twice-removed?
- Company picnic - relaxing with co-workers and the boss.
- Tailgating picnic - kind of like car camping.
- Church picnic - Sunday afternoon fun and frolic.
- Neighborhood picnic - block off the street and get to know your neighbors!
Spring is here.
Trees and flowers are budding and the temperatures are warming up.
It's summertime! - Let's get out of the kitchen and into the great outdoors.
Fall weather - Crisp air and gorgeous fall foliage create a perfect backdrop for a picnic.
Can you have a picnic in winter? Yes! Bundle up and be sure to pack something hot to drink.
Memorial day - kick off your summer with a picnic honoring our servicemen.
4th of July - celebrate freedom with parades and fireworks and a red, white and blue theme.
Labor day - what a great way to end the summer and celebrate a day off from work.
Valentine's day - love is in the air...and in Valentine picnics - either romantic for 2 or fun for the whole family.
Mother's day - give Mom the day off from the kitchen and treat her to a lunch outside.
- Father's day - this one is for the guys - no flowers allowed.
Other picnic ideas:
- Old fashioned - sack races, lemonade and wicker baskets.
- Indoors - who says you have to go outside for a picnic?
- Cheap - picnics don't have to cost a lot.
For more fun picnic ideas, be sure to check out the menus and ideas for romantic and outdoor picnics.
Return from Picnic Ideas to Fun Picnics Home